Bananas are the world’s most consumed fruit which is an extraordinarily fascinating fact. Bananas contain three natural sugars: fructose, sucrose and glucose combined with fiber. Your favorite fruit has high calorific value, including 6 vitamins and 11 minerals, gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.
Red bananas come from Costa Rica and are a favorite in Central America, Mexico and in some areas in Australia. Red bananas have a distinctive red to purple skin, rather than the more conventional yellow bananas and are usually smaller than regular yellow bananas. This fruit has soft and creamy texture in cream to slightly pink color.
Some people have heard or tried a red banana, which is sweeter than the regular yellow banana which is on your daily menu. Each of us is eager to try and taste new fruit, so maybe it is time to make a change and choose and buy red bananas this time.
Red Banana Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits
– Aromatic red bananas have a unique flavor, similar to the flavor of their cousin, yellow bananas, but mixed with the taste of some raspberries. This fruit is excellent addition to fruit salads, your favorite ice cream bowl or the popular banana split.
– This fruit has high nutritional and calorific value, containing large amounts of potassium, Vitamin C and beta-carotene. Red bananas contain more beta carotene and Vitamin C than the Yellow banana varieties.
– Red bananas are also rich in fiber, and one red banana is covers 16% of the body’s daily needs of dietary fiber. The fiber red bananas contain helps reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes Type 2. This fruit also contains large amount of Vitamin B6, a single red banana provides even 20% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin D, and supports the metabolism of proteins and red blood cells.
– One red banana is enough to cover 15 % of the body’s daily needs of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which not only protects the body from diseases, but it also protects the organism against free radicals, meaning it reduces the risk of heart diseases and some cancers.
– Medium sized fruits contain 400 mg of potassium, which covers body’s daily needs of this mineral and electrolytes. The potassium in red bananas is necessary for proper function of the heart muscle and the digestive system.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.