Bananas are extremely beneficial fruit and that is well known fact, but the potent properties of their peel are no less important. Majority people throw the peel away after eating the banana however, not all are aware of the numerous benefits of their peels, so after you read this article, you will never toss them into the bin.
Ripe bananas are more useful in the case of cancer, as they have potent cancer-fighting properties and they help the body produce more white blood cells. Green peels are higher in probiotics, which boosts the digestive system, so are therefore better if you want to lose weight. They are believed to raise the levels of serotonin and dopamine.
1. If you have skin warts, this problem can be solved with a banana peel. Not only you will remove them with it, but also you will prevent their appearance in the future. Place a banana peel piece over the wart on your skin and fix it with a bandage. Let it sit overnight. Continue to do this process until you totally remove the wart.
2. The banana is excellent for total skin care. The reason is the present antioxidants and anti-aging characteristics. Bananas hydrate and nourish the skin. Rub the banana peel on the skin, particularly in the irritated and problematic areas. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Rub painful spots on your body with a banana peel. It is an excellent analgetic.
4. Curing psoriasis – Unfortunately, this skin disease can’t be totally cured with banana peel, but it can soothe the symptoms of psoriasis.
5. Banana peel for teeth whitening – Rub your teeth with the inner side of a banana peel every day for two weeks. Soon you will notice the positive results.
6. The following recipe will help you lose weight:
Ingredients and method of preparation :
– 4 green banana peels
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 2 teaspoons coconut oil
– ½ c black-eyed peas (if using fresh, soak overnight)
– ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
– Juice of one lime
Chop peels into small pieces and boil in water with turmeric and dash of salt. To prevent sap from sticking to your pot, add a few drops of oil to the water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until skins are tender. Drain, reserving water for a later use (we like to use it to cook rice or as a base for soup).
If using fresh black-eyed peas, boil until tender. If using canned, rinse and drain beans.
Heat coconut oil in skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop.
Add boiled peels and black-eyed peas, stir, and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Add salt to taste and finish with lime juice. Serve.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.